Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1ALhF4i
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1AOJb0q
Homeless, hungry and desperate enough to steal, Doe has no memories of who she is or where she comes from.
A notorious career criminal just released from prison, King is someone you don’t want to cross unless you’re prepared to pay him back in blood, sweat, pu$$y or a combination of all three.
King’s future hangs in the balance. Doe’s is written in her past. When they come crashing together, they will have to learn that sometimes in order to hold on, you have to first let go.
Warning: This book contains graphic violence, consensual and nonconsensual sex, drug use, abuse, and other taboo subjects and adult subject matter. Although originally slated to be a standalone, KING is now a two part series.
“Hey there,” a deep voice rumbled against my ear.
When I turned around, I was eye level with a wall of leather with white patches sewn into it. One read VICE PRESIDENT and the other, BEACH BASTARDS. The man wearing the vest had long blonde hair that draped over to one side of his head, revealing the shaved area beneath. He had a beard, not stubble, a full-on beard that was a few inches long and very well groomed. He stood well over six feet, his frame lean yet very cut and muscular. I couldn’t tell what color his eyes were because his lids hung heavy and were slightly reddened. His entire neck was covered with colorful tattoos and when he went to light a cigarette I noticed that the backs of both of his hands and were covered in ink as well.
“Hey,” I answered back, trying to assert my newly found false confidence.
He was beyond attractive. He was gorgeous. If I had to end up in someone’s bed, I imagined that being in his wouldn’t be half-bad. He sniffled, drawing attention to the light dusting of white powder trapped in his nostrils.
“They call me Bear. You belong to anyone?” he asked seductively, leaning in toward me.
“Maybe…you?” I winced at my choice of words. Of all the fucking things I could have said, THAT was what came to mind? Stupid fucking mouth. Nikki was right. I spoke first and thought second.
Bear chuckled. “I’d love that, beautiful, but I got something else in mind.”
“Oh, yeah? What would that be?” I asked, trying to keep my tone light although my mind and heart were racing.
“This party? It’s for my buddy. And he was down here for a total of thirty minutes before he hightailed it upstairs to drown himself in a bottle of Jack. He’s like a cat in a tree, can’t seem to talk him down. It’s understandable, seeing as he’s been away a while, but I figure you can help me out.”
He hooked his finger into the front of my skirt and slowly dragged me toward him until my nipples were flush up against his chest. He pressed his fingers into the skin right above my public bone and I resisted the urge to jump back by biting down on my bottom lip.
“The BBB’s have never really been his thing.” He paused when he saw the confused look on my face at his abbreviation. “Beach Bastard Bitches.” He explained. “But you? You’re new. You’re different. You’ve got this cute little innocent thing going on, but I know you’re not or you wouldn’t be at this kind of party if that was your deal. I’m thinking he’ll like you.” Bear brushed his lips against the side of my neck. “So maybe you go up there. Make him happy for me. Make little him happy by wrapping those gorgeous lips around his cock for a while. Then when you’re done, bring him back down here to civilization. And maybe later, if you’re a good girl and do what you’re told, we can go back to the clubhouse and have some real fun.” He grazed his teeth along my earlobe. “Think you can you do that for me?”
“Yeah, yeah I can do that,” I said. My skin prickling from his touch. And I could do it.
“What’s your name anyway?” Bear’s hand slowly traveled up the back of my leg, pushing up my skirt, it came to rest on my ass cheek, which was then exposed to anyone who might have been looking in our direction.
“Doe. My name is Doe,” I breathed.
“Fitting.” He said with a chuckle. “Well, my innocent looking little Doe.” Bear leaned in close and surprised me by planting a soft kiss on the corner of my mouth. His lips were soft, and he smelled like laundry detergent mixed with liquor and cigarettes. I was just beginning to think that the kiss meant that he’d changed his mind and didn’t want me to send me away to his friend, but no such luck. He pulled away abruptly and turned me around by my shoulders so that I was facing the stairs. He swatted me on my ass, propelling me forward. “Up the stairs you go, sweetheart. Last room at the end of the hallway. Be good to my boy, and me and you will get to play later.” He sealed his words with a wink and as I made my way up the stairs I turned back and flashed him a fake smile. I hoped the guy at the end of the hallway was like Bear, because then maybe it wouldn’t be so bad.
Then a thought hit me that had me fighting back the tears that sprung from my eyes with a sudden force that almost took me to my knees.
I’d officially sold myself, and the price was far more than any dollar amount.
She attended Florida Gulf Coast University where she specialized in public speaking. After years working in real estate and new home construction, she decided it was finally time to stop pushing her dreams to the back burner and pursue writing seriously.
In the third grade she wrote her very first story about a lost hamster. It earned rave reviews from both her teacher and her parents.
It only took her twenty years to start the next one.
It will not be about hamsters.
Wow, this book was a trip and a half. I will state that I can’t wait for book two and I hope their story wraps up in that one. Waiting might kill me (not really) but waiting sucks! This story was about overcoming the past. That’s how it felt to me. I felt like both King and Doe needed to overcome something in order to move forward. It was an amazing story and here’s why:
- The writing style kept me wanting more, I truly didn’t want it to end. I’m not huge in grammar so who knows if there were any mess ups, but to me even if there was it Doesn’t change the story or outcome of the story. This author did a great job on both POVs, the hero was manly, and the heroine was…. Just amazing.
- The plot, was different. I enjoyed the mystery of the whole thing. I couldn’t figure anything out. It is different then most things I’ve read. Some may consider it darker but I wouldn’t say it was. There were some horrible things that happened but they fit the type of story that this was. There may be certain triggers for some, so be warned this isn’t for the faint of heart.
- The sex, wow, I have no words. It was hot. Yummy. Thought consuming. Just YUM. But it was done as tastefully as could be done 🙂
- The secondary characters were amazing. Preppy is amazing. I don’t want to give too much away but I love preppy! I’m a preppy fan for life. The MC, well we don’t see too much of that friendship but going too far will give too much away so I’ll leave it at they were awesome too 🙂
On to the hero and heroine. They make this story (along with preppy) what it is! They are the life force of this story and I wouldn’t want it any other way!
- King what can I say about King. I fell I love with his mind. Not the person he was before, not the person he acted like, but his mind, he was one mean SOB, but then we got to see another side to him that was for doe only and it worked for him. It worked amazingly for this story. He was rude, mean, confusing, stubborn, strange, mysterious, sexy, yummy, and a whole lot more mixed into all that is King. You will make him a book boyfriend forsure.
- On to Doe, from what we can see, with no memory of the past, she was amazing. She had this light about her, (if you can shine thru the pages she did). Tough and fierce. Sassy and smart. Beautiful inside and out. She made not having a memory seem…… Possible…. Not like that, style author made it seem like you don’t have to break down because you don’t have a memory, she is a fighter and a lover, she cared far more than most people in her shoes would. She was just amazing! I liked her from the start, it’s hard not to after what she had been thru, and kept going thru. I don’t want to give too much away but she was awesome!
This story was just amazing, I will say that I can’t wait for the next book! I kinda really need it now! Like not tomorrow or the next day…. Like yesterday! I think you should go get this book! You must like a dirty mouth hero and a heroine who well, is just one strong woman!!! Congrats T.M. Frazier for writing this amazing novel! I can’t wait for more!!!!
To get your copy click one of these links!
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1ALhF4i
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1AOJb0q