Protector for Hire
Front and Center #4
By: Tawna Fenske
Releasing June 30, 2015
Haunted by his time in Iraq, former soldier Schwartz Patton goes off the grid, retreating deep into Montana’s untamed wilderness. Now, ten years into his self-imposed solitude, his brother tracks him down and asks for a favor. A woman is in danger, and she needs help…and Schwartz is the only one who can protect her.
Designer-loving city girls like Janelle Keebler don’t belong in the wilderness. Unless, of course, they’re witnesses to a murder by their psycho drug-trafficking ex-husbands. Still, Janelle can’t help the immediate physical response she has to her sexy-as-sin protector that leaves her wanting more than she could have ever imagined. Even if he does make terrible coffee…
Every word, every touch, every kiss ignites a need Schwartz thought he’d lost forever. He can’t stop the desperate attraction simmering between him and Janelle, even if he wanted to. Even if it means it could get them both killed.
Link to Follow Tour:
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25562889-protector-for-hire
Goodreads Series Link: https://www.goodreads.com/series/131866-front-and-center
Tawna Fenske is a romantic comedy author who writes humorous fiction, risqué romance, and heartwarming love stories with a quirky twist. Her offbeat brand of romance has been praised by Booklist as “A tame Carl Hiaasen on cupid juice,” and RT Book Reviews nominated her debut novel for contemporary romance of the year. Tawna is a fourth generation Oregonian who can peel a banana with her toes and who loses an average of 20 pairs of eyeglasses per year. She lives in Bend, Oregon with her husband, step kids, and a menagerie of ill-behaved pets.
($25.00 Amazon or B&N eGift Card)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
“You were gone a long time,” she said. “Did you have trouble finding something?”
He frowned, not wanting to admit he’d been pacing around the damn store avoiding the inevitable moment he’d have to go back and face her and accept the fact that he’d probably never touch her again. “Not everything,” he said, poking the meat loaf with his fork but not taking a bite. “I got the milk.”
“No cond—coffee filters?”
“They were all out of cond—coffee filters.”
“All out?” She frowned. “I swear I saw a box when we were there the other day. They were right up by the register.”
He shifted on the bench, not wanting to admit he’d stared at the same damn box of condoms and thought about having her again.
Maybe just one more time before she walked out of his life forever. Instead, he’d forced himself to walk away. “The box was damaged. Can’t risk having holes in coffee filters.”
Across the table, Gordy wiped his chin with a napkin.
“You like the kind with the pointy tip, or the big wide ones?”
Schwartz blinked. “Uh— ”
Laverne beamed. “Oooh, I like the new ones they’re making now with the flavor-enhancing micro-perforations.”
Schwartz dared a glance at Janelle and saw that her face had gone from pink to bright red. She opened her mouth to say something, but Laverne cut her off.
“You know, I just love the ones with the extra-large base. The box says it makes for a deeper, bolder experience.”
Janelle choked on her drink, and Schwartz turned to see her sputtering into a glass that looked suspiciously full of moonshine.
“How much of that have you had?” he asked.
“Not enough,” she said.
This book pulled my heart into a few directions. It is the 4th book in a series of standalone book. I was not left confused but I will definitely be going back at some point to read the other books! This book (to me) was about forgiveness and forgiving yourself, trusting in others, and believing that love is truly out there. It was sad and heart breaking at times, but in the end, HEA! But it take a while to get there!
- The writing style rocked! I didn’t notice anything bad, or anything that would confuse me. The author did a great job making this a standalone even tho it wasn’t the first book in a series.
- Schwartz was an amazing her, even tho at times I was like really?!? How can he be book boyfriend material. By the end of the book, he was book Husband material. He was an emotionally scarred man, Schwartz locked himself away from family, friends, just anyone…. He didn’t have faith in himself. Deep down he is a truly amazing man, who was caring, funny, just down right yummy. By the end of the book I was ready to marry him 🙂 he truly broke my heart at times. But no giving it away, all I can say is one was military, and has been alone for a long, long time! His story will break your heart!
- Janelle was a smart ass, woman, and I loved everything about her. She was smart, funny, mouthy, stubborn, scared, and a few other things all rolled into this package that was Janelle. She saw traumatic events that had her running ng, and right into the arms of Schwartz 🙂 I loved how strong she was. She was willing to discuss Mehta needed to be done to stay safe, and didn’t act like a scared puppy while doing it. Yes there were times where you could feel her fear, but….. Come on, I would be sitting in a Corner rocking myself! 🙂
- The plot of this story has been done before but never quite like this and i loved how the author was able to pull me in, keep me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen with the Hero and Heroine.
- I laughed so many times thru this book! look at the Excerpt above for a hit of what this book has to off with laughter. That i just one of many and it was so funny!
- This is a cleaner book, but not super clean. It was just the right amount without becoming too much.
Check out this book, it is funny, heartfelt, worthy read and i think that you won’t be Sorry. Click on the links above to get your copy.
Thank you for looking at the Book Tour for Protector For Hire. It is a great book and was honored to be able to read it. I can’t wait to dive into to the other books in this series and other book by this author!